Post by jesmith5508 on Mar 30, 2010 2:34:15 GMT -5
-- Stevie Wonder: I enjoy his music, he's talented and seeing someone legendary like that in a cool setting is nice. -- The Dead Weather: I like their first album and they seem pretty good live from some live videos I've seen. Plus it's Jack White. -- Thievery Corporation: I've seen then before and I would still plan to see them over many other sets. I like their music, especially with the full live band. -- Daryl Hall & Chromeo: I like each of their own stuff, and I watched the "Live from Daryl's House" thing and liked the combination on limited rehearsal time. I imagine it'll be even better after a few more rehearsals before the show. -- Jimmy Cliff: enjoyable music and another legend. -- Dave Rawlings Machine: great music, all around. This is my set to see as a musician. -- The Flaming Lips: I at least plan to see the Dark Side set. I think that will be a great and memorable live experience. -- The Dodos: I really liked their first album, and I really like their newer album. It's interesting new music. -- John Fogerty: hearing some classic tunes from the man who wrote them will be neat -- The National: I like their music and my girlfriend is a huge fan, so I want to hopefully share the experience of seeing their show with her.
[Other can't-miss sets for me (in an ideal world with no conflicts): Jeff Beck, MMW, Les Claypool, Calexico, The xx, Fanfarlo, Here We Go Magic, Baaba Maal, They Might Be Giants]
2010: 3/12: The Bad Plus/Happy Apple/Buffalo Collision/The Bad Apple 6/10-13: Bonnaroo 6/19: Rock the Garden 7/30-31: Mid West Music Fest 8/21: Los Hombres Calientes 8/31: Marijuana Death Squads 9/11: The Book of Right On w/ City on the Make 9/23: Of Montreal w/ Janelle Monae 10/4: Broken Social Scene 11/23: Grinderman
1. Jeff Beck- Guitar God. The new album gives me chills. 2. Conan O'Brien 3. KOL- I know this is controversial for some, but I don't care! 4. Dead Weather 5. Weezer 6. Against Me 7. Flaming Lips 8. Pheonix 9. Manchester Orchestra 10. Ingrid Michaelson or Fanfario tie
I also want to see, but will probably not see them all: John Fogerty, The Gaslight Anthem, Les Claypool, Ween, GWAR (will probably be one of the most interesting shows), The National, Steve Martin, Stevie Wonder, She & Him, Dropkick Murphys, Dr. Dog, OK GO, Doug Benson, Jonathan Tyler & the Northern Lights, The Temper Trap, LCD Sound System, Rise Against, Daryl Hall & Chromeo, Black Keys, Warpaint, Neon Indian, Tokyo Police Club, Blitzen Trapper, Tenacious D, Kris Kristopherson.
A haven't listened to all the bands yet so this list may continue to grow from a migraine to a brain aneurysm.
1. Conan O'Brien (yeah... I go to Bonnaroo for the music, but this is the one act that I am the most excited for... just adds a total WOW factor to the lineup)
2. Stevie Wonder (will be amazing, no doubt about it, and should go down as one of the better headlining shows in Roo history)
3. Jeff Beck (One of my very favorite guitarists and musicians in general, plus his band is killer and he still puts on a hell of a show.)
4. Jimmy Cliff (My favorite reggae artist, ever, no dispute. Amazing singer, great band, huge discography, consumate pro, etc. This will without question be one of the best sets of the weekend.)
5. Jay Z (One of, if not the, most dominant forces in rap. Reasonable Doubt is one of the finest hip hop albums of all time and he's still putting out relevant work. One of the few untouchable artists in today's pop music.)
6. Galactic (They always deliver, always. The possibility of guests this year is pretty strong, too.)
7. Kris Kristofferson (Country music legend, plain and simple. Has made some of the most important music of the last 50 years, in my opinion.)
8. Medeski, Martin, and Wood 9. Damian Marley and Nas 10. Trombone Shorty 11. GWAR 12. John Fogerty 13. The Flaming Lips 14. John Prine 15. The Melvins
1. Conan O'brien 2. Stevie Wonder 3. Jeff Beck 4. Jimmy Cliff 5. Jay Z 6. Galactic 7. MMW 8. Local Natives 9. LCD Soundsytem 10. Kris Kristofferson 11. Trombone Shorty 12. Nas and Damian Marley 13. GWAR 14. Ozomatli 15. John Fogerty
New to the board and this will be my First Roo My top 10
1. Jay Z- I've seen him 5-6 times and he's amazing each time 2. Stevie Wonder 3. Phoenix 4. Damien Marley & Nas- saw them last year at rock the bells- awesome 5. DeadMau5 6. Flips-DSOTM 7. Fogerty 8. Jimmy Cliff 9. Jay Electronica/ B.O.B (kinda surprised no one is talking about BOB, he has a huge hit right now) 10. Gwar- just for the novelty factor
Not to mention the comedy tent is stacked this year!
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
-When I Hear My Name -Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground -Blue Orchid -Passive Manipulation -Red Rain -Death Letter -My Doorbell -Hotel Yorba -Same Boy You've Always Known -Lovesick -Little Ghost -We're Going to Be Friends -The Hardest Button to Button -Black Math -The Nurse -I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
Encore: -Ball and Biscuit -Seven Nation Army -Screwdriver