Post by dreamingtree on Feb 15, 2010 20:39:08 GMT -5
In no order - except DMB first
DMB - my all time favorite, amazing live shows! Weezer - always loved them and never seen them live. The Avett Brothers - recently became a fan and have never seen them live. John Butler - always a great live show. Stevie Wonder - not really familiar with much of his music but he is a legend! The Dead Weather - very excited about this one. Tori Amos Tori fxxxing Amos!! I love her ;D Clutch - just discovering their music and loving it all. Flaming Lips - I'm not sure they can top their 2007 Roo show, but it will be awesome no matter what. Blues Traveler - haven't seen them live in a loooong time, but way back when, they put on a great live show.
Alright, after I've had all day to look it over some more and listen to more nuts...
1. Stevie Wonder 2. Jeff Beck 3. Jay Z 4. Jimmy Cliff 5. Kris Kristofferson 6. Medeski Martin and Wood 7. Damian Marley and Nas (mostly for Nas) 8. Trombone Shorty 9. John Fogerty 10. GWAR/The Melvins/Chromeo with Daryl Hall/The Dead Weather/The Flaming Lips
1. Stevie Wonder 2. Jeff Beck 3. Jimmy Cliff 4. Jay Z 5. Kris Kristoferson 6. MMW 7. The Flaming Lips (starting look forward to them allot more, after intense re-evaluation) 8. Damian Marley and Nas 9. Trombone Shorty 10. John Prine 11. The Dead Weather (liking them more and more, lately) 12. John Fogerty 13. GWAR 14. The Melvins 15. The XX
The idea that they are going to be fun, which was true when I first saw them. But, I guess I concentrated too much on the negative of the show (too much Wayne babble, musical sloppiness, stuff to that extent) and not enough on the positive (great attention to performance art detail, crowd interaction is incredibly high, allot of their music is fun any way you cut it, there is some great music in there).
It took allot of rotation of the "Fearless Freaks" doc (which I saw before Roo 07... go me amped then and does now), "Soft Bulletin", "Embrionic", and TFSH. What really killed it for me before was Wayne (I guess) just being Wayne...
The stopping one song THREE times was just uncalled for (the Yoshimi title track, specifically for the last refrain with the puppet), and his incessant babbling was just way too much and I'd said I'd never see a Flips show again, after it.
The awesomeness of the new album and a sense to look at it on a less broad scale makes me want to see this show. And, DSOTM will be very interesting.
I've let the lineup simmer for a week, and now its time for my own revised "top 10"
here is the old list:
10. Tenacious D/Les Claypool/LCD Soundsystem (already a tie) 9. John Fogerty 8. Regina Spektor 7. Weezer 6. Jay-Z 5. Kings of Leon 4. Flaming Lips 3. Dead Weather 2. Deadmau5 1. Dave Matthews Band (I expect a LOT of guests)
1. DMB (still expect guests, but just think they will pull off the best show) 2. Flaming Lips 3. Deadmau5 4. Weezer (I hope they bring out a lot of the oldies. Their newest two albums made me forget they used to be in my top 3 favorite bands) 5. Dead Weather 6. Jay-Z 7. Kings of Leon 8. Baroness 9. Regina Spektor 10. Les Claypool 11. Black Keys 12. MMW 13. Jeff Beck 14. John Fogerty 15. Tenacious D
Post by drbrainfreeze on Feb 17, 2010 21:33:23 GMT -5
okay, i'm ready for this
1. Avetts 2. DMB 3. Flaming Lips 4. Tenacious D 5. Dead Weather 6. She and Him 7. The National 8. Phoenix 9. John Fogerty 10. Dave Rawlings Machine ------------- ( Bubble Bands-no order) Ok Go Fanfarlo Mumford and Sons They Might Be Giants The Black Keys Regina Spektor Jay-Z Stevie Wonder
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes everybody liked. They left that to the Bee Gees." "this whole situation has just turned his whole life upside down face."
2012: RHCP, Phish, Beach Boys, Aziz, The Roots, Alice Cooper, Superjam, Blackstar, The Word, Luda, Flogging Molly, Spectrum Road, Umphrey's, Black Lips, Gary Clark Jr., Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, Trampled By Turtles
now that we've all let the lineup splash around in our brains for awhile, does anyone else have any revised lists with bands that they have discovered and are interested in seeing? i know my list is going to continue to evolve as roo nears closer
finally bought my ticket yesterday btw. see yall there
1. Jay-Z (its the jigga man, cmon) 2. The Lips (never seen them live, and DSOTM will be incredible) 3. John Butler Trio (one of my favorite bands as of late. if their live CD is any indication, they will put on one hell of a show) 4. Kid Cudi (if you haven't checked out Man on the Moon, you should. gonna be feeling reaaaal good at this one) 5. DMB (not the biggest fan, but ive never seen dave and friends live and probably wouldnt otherwise, so im pumped on this show) 6. Damian Marley & Nas (their collaborations from what i've heard are sick, plus a little solo stuff from each wouldn't hurt) 7. Tenacious D (this will be a FUN show) 8. John Fogerty (who doesnt love them some CCR) 9. Phoenix/Black Keys (bands ive been exploring more as of late and really excited about) 10. Stevie Wonder/Jimmy Cliff (both legends in their own right. these will be once in an lifetime shows)
just off the top of my head. undoubtedly there are many more. i may be in the minority, but im really looking forward to roo this year.
Providing an outlet and a voice for music lovers to unite under the common theme of music for all. Join The Pondo Army to show your allegiance to musical freedom! Fighting for no censorship of the arts & music education in schools, The Pondo Army will triumph! The Pondo Army Movement
Follow me on twitter@Pondoknowsbest
Local Natives The Flaming Lips performing Dark Side of the Moon featuring Stardeath and White Dwarfs The Dead Weather Phoenix The Disco Biscuits Dave Matthews Band The Black Keys Manchester Orchestra Les Claypool LCD Soundsystem
Post by popsicle sarah on Feb 28, 2010 11:52:16 GMT -5
The 10 12 I'm most excited about:
Stevie Jay-Z Weezer Phoenix LCD Soundsystem The Avett Brothers Daryl Hall & Chromeo Blitzen Trapper Carolina Chocolate Drops Mumford And Sons Here We Go Magic Mew *(Even though they haven't been officially added)
Missed the list: Japandroids Blitzen Trapper Gaslight Anthem The xx The National Avett Brothers
1. Jay-Z - Rap legend... and still one of the few I tolerate 2. The Dead Weather - I've got a feeling their new stuff is going to be awesome 3. Flaming Lips - I don't care too much for their DSOTM, but the first set is going to be great 4. The Black Keys - loved these guys for so long... awesome live 5. Tenacious D - this should be fun, probably some cool guest spots 6. Pheonix - one of the best albums last year 7. LCD Soundsystem- should be great 8. Neon Indian - awesome sound, very curious about live 9. Weezer - back catalog is where it's at 10. Local Natives - just found these guys, great stuff
-When I Hear My Name -Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground -Blue Orchid -Passive Manipulation -Red Rain -Death Letter -My Doorbell -Hotel Yorba -Same Boy You've Always Known -Lovesick -Little Ghost -We're Going to Be Friends -The Hardest Button to Button -Black Math -The Nurse -I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
Encore: -Ball and Biscuit -Seven Nation Army -Screwdriver
1. Flaming Lips 2. Lotus 3. Disco Biscuits 4. Daryl Hall & Chromeo 5. Thievery Corporation 6. Medeski Martin & Wood 7. Les Claypool 8. The Entrance Band 9. Jay Electronica 10. Steve Martin & the steep canyon Rangers
Post by myheartgoing on Feb 28, 2010 15:40:49 GMT -5
Fun thread! This list isn't necessarily my top favorite artists, but the shows I'm most excited about from most to least:
1. Flaming Lips 2. Jay-Z 3. The Black Keys (and some form of Blakroc, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?!) 4. Damian Marley & Nas 5. The Avett Brothers 6. Dave Matthews Band 7. Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers 8. The Dead Weather 9. LCD Soundsystem 10. Kid Cudi
1. DMB 2. Stevie Wonder 3. Jay Z 4. Tenacious D 5. The Dead Weather 6. Phoenix 7. John Fogarty 8. LCD Soundsystem 9. Thievery Corporation 10. MMW
I am also excited for Disco Biscuits, Lotus, the entrance band, les claypool, the black keys, Michael Franti, Tori Amos, kings of leon, Jimmy Cliff, Jeff Beck, Weezer, the flaming lips, and the Avett Brothers.
I love this lineup! There are so many I want to see!
1. Jay-Z 2. The Dead Weather 3. Tenacious D 4. Bassnectar 5. Baroness 6. The Flaming Lips 7. GWAR 8. Distant Relatives (Damien Marley and Nas) 9. Dropkick Murphys 10. Jay Electronica
Man pickin ten is rough. I guess I'm one of the few around here thats super excited about this lineup (except the top 2 headliners). Either that or I'm just optimistic cause it's freakin BONNAROOOOOO!!