1. The White Stripes/Jack White - semi accomplished this summer at Roo. 2. Rage Against the Machine - nostalgia 3. The Replacments 4. Fugazi 5. Nirvana 6. Pavement 7. Television 8. Spiritualized 9. The Stone Roses 10. David Bowie
I'm a child of the 80s/90s so thats where most of mine will fall.
I've been lucky enough to have seen a lot of the classic acts on the above lists, but I still have a bucket list...
1. Clapton 2. The Rolling Stones 3. Joni Mitchell 4. the Moody Blues 5. Portishead 6. Metallica 7. Depeche Mode 8. Emmylou Harris 9. Soundgarden 10. Cake - was waiting in a ridiculous line to get in, missed them @ Music Midtown and going to miss them this year too 11. Scorpions 12. Barbra Streisand
and if I had a time machine: 1. Janis Joplin 2. Jimi Hendrix 3. Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground 4. Little Feat with Lowell George 5. the Ramones 6. Ronnie James Dio 7. the Beatles 8. Dan Fogleberg 9. Dire Straits 10. Nick Drake 11. Morphine 12. the Doors 13. Nirvana 14. Pavarotti 15. Otis Redding
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2014 23:57:19 GMT -5 by zenfnp - Back to Top
I realize they are not anywhere near as established as what everyone is listing here but I really connected to Metric's Fantasies album last year while I was going through a difficult time. Seeing them would be a really amazing experience for me.
Seeing some people have Paul McCartney on their list in the beginning of this thread made me think about how happy they must have been when the lineup was announced last year! It's awesome that Bonnaroo fulfills a lot of the artists mentioned or could possibly in the future. Never thought I would get the chance to see Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, or Elton John! Another example of the Bonnaroo magic!
11/29/14-New Politics, Bad Suns
4/17/15-Hippo Campus, Night Riots, The Mowglis
5/1/15-Penn State Movin' On Music Festival-New Politics, Passion Pit, Big Gigantic, Big Sean
6/21/15 - Paul McCartney
6/27/15-Halsey, Imagine Dragons
Post by Raymond Boombox on Mar 4, 2014 10:48:01 GMT -5
I've been lucky to catch quite a few legends, especially just in the past year (had to miss a few heartbreakers as well, though... wah wah). Looking through this thread, i'm really grateful to have seen at least one from nearly everybody's list.
1. Tom Waits 2. Iggy & The Stooges. They actually came around here last year - and on the same.damn.night. I had front row tickets to Wilco. In retrospect, I probably should have sold my Wilco ticket as it was a two-night run and I've seen them a bunch, but c'est la vie. 3, David Bowie 4. Daft Punk 5. The Cure 6. Prince 7. Eric Clapton 8. Morrissey 9. Jamiroquai 10. Blondie
Reunions that ain't happenin' in this lifetime: Led Zeppelin Talking Heads The Smiths A Tribe Called Quest The White Stripes Fugazi Minor Threat
26/05 - Morrissey
30/05 - Gizzfest
09/06 - TV on the Radio
13/06 - The Empire Strips Back: A Star Wars Burlesque Parody
04/07 - Avenue Q
20/07 - Johnny Marr
01/08 - Death Cab for Cutie
30/09 - 05/10 - Burning Seed
Daft Punk Prince The White Stripes Talking Heads (or just David Byrne solo) Any show at Red Rocks Any show at The Gorge (preferably Phish or Sasquatch Fest) Royksopp Lemon Jelly Tom Waits Outkast Sufjan Stevens The Kinks The Who Nicolas Jaar (solo) Anyone doing Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. Or really anyone performing any Steve Reich composition.
I feel very fortunate to have seen The Rolling Stones, Broken Social Scene, LCD Soundsystem, Ween and Paul McCartney or else this list would be a lot longer.
1. Prince (had many opportunities to see him when I lived in MN and for some dumb reason, like being a teenager, I never went with my folks) 2. RATM 3. Steely DanOutkast 4. Barbra Streisand 5. MMJ will always be on my list
and of course the two that will never happen: Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd
Post by kickerconspiracy on Mar 5, 2014 1:38:06 GMT -5
Since knocking out Suede, the Stone Roses, Billy Bragg, and Tom Waits in the last couple of years, my bucket list is getting pretty damn short
Elton John Rolling Stones (though I really wanted to see them 15 years ago. I don't think I'd ever go see them now unless they headlined Coachella) White Stripes (had tickets to a show they cancelled in the SF Bay due to illness, never came back. I've seen Jack solo at last year's Outside Lands, and with the Dead Weather twice)
I'm old enough that I've been lucky to see a lot of these bands already. Here is my current bucket list:
Glastonbury The Gorge Iron Maiden Black Sabbath Rage Against the Machine Deep Purple Led Zeppelin Pink Floyd - Saw Roger Water's The Wall, but it's not the same. Eric Clapton Elton John Soundgarden Modest Mouse
I've now seen Iron Maiden (a complete disappointment), and will get to cross off Elton John and Modest Mouse this year
Post by downonthefarm on Jul 17, 2014 1:04:10 GMT -5
I am peasantry surprised by how many bands I have seen are on these lists
The Rolling Stones (headliners at roo please) Tom waits (pre headliner what stage please) Prince (headliner at roo please) AC/DC (late night what stage please) The Oak Ridge Boys (this would be great Sunday after noon at roo) David Gilmore (headliner please) Roger Waters (the wall late night what anyone)
1. AC/DC 2. Iron Maiden 3. Mudhoney 4. The Cure 5. The The (very doubtful) 6. Blonde Redhead 7. The Replacements 8. The Kinks (probably the most doubtful band on the list, but who knows) 9. Shudder To Think (doubtful but I could see them doing a reunion show at something like Fun Fun Fun Fest) 10. Drive Like Jehu (same as Shudder To Think)
1.Zeppelin 2.Portishead 3.proper PJ Harvey show (saw her with John Parish) 4.proper Fiona Apple show (saw her with Nickel Creek) 5.Faith No More 6.At The Drive-In 7.RATM 8.Prince 9.Massive Attack 10.Soundgarden
some that won't happen Pink Floyd, Cream, Talking Heads?, Outkast?
the only thing that has changed about mine is Outkast is now possible so I would move them into the top 10 and remove Soundgarden.
Now I've seen Outkast and I'm seeing Soundgarden next month. New list
1.Zeppelin 2.Portishead 3.PJ Harvey 4.Fiona Apple 5.Faith No More 6.Prince 7.Massive Attack 8.Pixies 9.Beck 10.RATM/ATDI (probably not going to happen again)
Post by Sgt. Blotter on Jul 21, 2014 11:38:18 GMT -5
Grateful to have seen a massive amount of names on other people's lists. I think most of mine are reasonable and that I will get a chance, I just might have to drop some coin and fly to MSG or somewhere like that.
David Bowie Black Sabbath The Prodigy Rolling Stones Led Zeppelin (yea right) Rush King Crimson Hawkwind Faith No More Roger Waters Portishead Daft Punk Shpongle Live Band Madonna Ozric Tentacles Beck The Pixies At The Drive-In Dolly Parton King Diamond Al Di Meola
Having by now seen most of the acts I want to, my bucket list (consisting of those groups/artists which themselves haven't already kicked the bucket) is pretty unlikely.
1. Led Zeppelin 2. Pink Floyd 3. Talking Heads 4. The Smiths 5. Kraftwerk 6. Sly and the Family Stone 7. The Byrds 8. Portishead 9. Daft Punk 10. Joni Mitchell 11. Massive Attack 12. The Sex Pistols 13. Tom Waits 14. Roxy Music 15. Primal Scream 16. The Stone Roses 17. Creedence Clearwater Revival 18. New Order
Will get to cross Kraftwerk off my list this year! Bjork, Television and Outkast are the 3 others that have come off during the past few years since I first made the list.
Looking back at my top artists I've seen produces a list looking like this:
1. Bob Dylan (15) 2. Rolling Stones (2) ! 3. David Bowie (1) 4. Paul McCartney (5) 5. Radiohead (4) 6. Ringo Starr (4) 7. Neil Young (2) ! 8. Bruce Springsteen (6) 9. Prince (2) 10. Lou Reed (1) 11. The Who (2) ! 12. Stevie Wonder (3) 13. U2 (2) 14. R.E.M. (1) 15. Elvis Costello (9) ! 16. Jonny Greenwood (1) 17. Arcade Fire (3) 18. Kanye West (5) 19. Iggy & the Stooges (2) 20. Van Morrison (1) 21. Public Enemy (6) 22. Pixies (6) 23. Aretha Franklin (2) ! 24. Robert Plant (3) ! 25. John Paul Jones (1) 26. PJ Harvey (1) 27. Oasis (1) 28. James Brown (1) 29. Beastie Boys (2) 30. John Cale (1) 31. Roger Daltrey (2) 32. Beach Boys (4) ! 33. White Stripes (4) 34. Peter Hook (2) 35. Bjork (1) 36. Outkast (1) 37. Beck (3) 38. Paul Simon (1) 39. Sonic Youth (2) 40. LCD Soundsystem (3) 41. My Bloody Valentine (1) 42. Roger Waters (1) 43. Mitch Mitchell (1) 44. The Strokes (3) 45. AC/DC (1) 46. Simon and Garfunkel (1) 47. Patti Smith (1) 48. Pavement (1) 49. Flaming Lips (5) 50. The Wailers (6) 51. Madonna (1) 52. Television (1) 53. Levon Helm Band (2) 54. David Byrne (3) 55. Guns 'n' Roses (1) 56. Morrissey (1) 57. Fleetwood Mac (3) 58. Frank Ocean (1) 59. Brian Wilson (1) 60. Jay-Z (2) 61. Eminem (1)
(#) = Times I've seen artist perform before. ! = Plan to see artist again this year.
1. LCD Soundsystem 2. Prince 3. Radiohead 4. MF DOOM 5. Bowie 6. The White Stripes 7. Rage Against the Machine 8. Daft Punk 9. Dire Straits 10. Clapton 11. Jay Z 12. Tool 13. Shpongle Live @ Red Rocks 14. The Roots 15. Nicolas Jaar 16. Rodrigo Y Gabriela