Upcoming gigs -------------- 6/28 - Dave Matthews Band - Moline 6/29 - Dave Matthews Band - Kansas City 7/8 - Duran Duran - Chicago 7/9 - Summerfest - Milwaukee 7/10 - Sting/Peter Gabriel - Milwaukee 7/27 - Diana Ross - Chicago 7/28-29 - Lollapalooza - Chicago 7/28 - Bob Moses - Chicago 7/29 - The Joy Formidable - Chicago 8/21 - Wilco - Chicago 9/6 - Kraftwerk 3-D - Atlanta 9/7 - Kraftwerk 3-D - Memphis 9/10-11 - LouFest - St. Louis
Taking back Sunday - Sporting park Alt J - Midland theater Beck - starlight theater Royal Blood - Roo Jr Jr - first avenue Andrew McMahon - private VIP session at sporting park Foo Fighters - sprint Center Robert Plant - Roo Glass Animals - secret house show in Kansas City Misterwives - midland or uptown theater i forget where they played
Caught around 100 shows, with festival dates counting as one show.
Been thinking about it a lot, top sets of 2015 for me have to be: (overall greatest experience was Grateful Dead, by far, but musically it wasn't the best for me)
1. 13th Floor Elevators 50th Anniversary Reunion (Levitation) Can't believe it even happened. 2. The Prodigy (Denver Riot Fest) This show was just so hard hitting, it edges out the Dead barely. 3. Grateful Dead night one (Chicago) Had more fun the next two nights but 1st night was best musically.
Rolling Stones (Orlando) Bucketlist, totally awesome show, and the Citrus Bowl was a sick venue for it
My Morning Jacket (Hangout) Great sunset show on the beach by the shore, so memorable
Faith No More (Atlanta) Such a great time, caught up with a bunch of High School friends there too
Hawkwind (New Orleans) Super psychedelic, just great spacerock
Bob Dylan (New Orleans Jazzfest Late night) Got miracle'd 4th row center seats, could understand Dylan perfectly the whole show, which has never happened before, ha.
Ozzy & Friends (Voodoo) Ozzy/Sabbath superjam in the rain on Halloween in nola, what else is there to say?
Jane's Addiction (Voodoo) Exactly same situation as above
funky Meters (Nola) Free and my gf's 1st Meters experience, also had Irma Thomas and was Allen Toussaint's final NOLA performance
I never really rank shows, but I will say my favorite show of 2015 was jungle. Saw them in ~500 person club, mostly on a whim. The place the played does a free ticket Tuesday deal, where you get a ticket to a show (while supplies last) with lunch. I bought a six dollar burrito and a ticket to jungle, dragged my wife. They were fucking awesome, had the whole place grooving. It was a great show, and I had no expectations so I was blown away.
I keep track of my shows for the year and at festivals with a "note" on my iPhone.
As for my top shows of 2015, in no particular order:
Battles @ First Ave STS9 @ First Ave Tame Impala @ First Ave Ratatat @ First Ave King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ 7th Street Entry Alt-J @ Roy Wilkins Tycho @ Bonnaroo The War on Drugs @ Bonnaroo STS9 @ Bonnaroo
Most Anticipated Shows so far for 2016: LCD Soundsystem @ Bonnaroo M83 @ Bonnaroo GY!BE @ First Ave Animal Collective @ First Ave Puscifer @ Northrop
Post by fearofpride on Feb 9, 2016 13:35:44 GMT -5
1. Veruca Salt - The Cedar 2. Lady Lamb - 7th Street Entry 3. TV On The Radio - First Ave 4. Weird Al - Mystic Lake Casino 5. Tears For Fears - Bonnaroo 6. Guster - Bonnaroo 7. Civil Twilight - Turf Club 8. Atomic Bomb - Bonnaroo 9. Earth Wind and Fire - Bonnaroo 10. Belle And Sebastian - Bonnaroo 11. Ratatat - First Ave 12. Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas - Bonnaroo 13. Chvrches - The Myth 14. Janet Jackson - Target Center 15. Spoon - Bonnaroo 16. Courtney Barnett - Bonnaroo 17. Brownout Presents Brown Sabbath - Bonnaroo 18. Caribou - Bonnaroo 19. Against Me! - Bonnaroo 20. Jungle - Bonnaroo
I made this list years ago, before I was active here. It might not be relevant anymore, but I'll share it anyway.
50. The Antlers; 06/17, The Wick, Brooklyn 49. Outfit; 10/17, CMJ Music Marathon, New York 48. Quilt; 06/16, Rough Trade, Brooklyn 47. Will Butler; 12/17, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn 46. Future Islands; 06/16, Governors Ball Music Festival, New York 45. Wild Nothing; 11/23, Baby’s All Right, Brooklyn 44. Narc Twain; 12/3, Knitting Factory, Brooklyn 43. The Lone Bellow; 05/24, Boston Calling Music Festival, Boston 42. Basecamp; 06/22, Rough Trade, Brooklyn 41. Alvvays; 06/13, Northside Festival, Brooklyn
40. Perfume Genius; 04/11, Coachella Music and Arts Festival, California 39. Pixies; 05/24, Boston Calling Music Festival, Boston 38. Belle and Sebastian; 04/11, Coachella Music and Arts Festival, California 37. Hot Chip; 06/07, Governors Ball Music Festival, New York 36. Sleater-Kinney; 12/13, Terminal 5, New York 35. Julien Baker; 11/13, Bowery Ballroom, New York 34. East India Youth; 05/12, Rough Trade, Brooklyn 33. Hearing Things; 12/17, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn 32. Roger Sellers; 06/25, Le Poisson Rouge, New York 31. Pink Martini; 05/03, St. George Theater, Staten Island
30. Caribou; 08/06, East River Park, New York 29. Julia Holter; 10/24, Rough Trade, Brooklyn 28. Jamie xx; 04/12, Coachella Music and Arts Festival, California 27. Pearl Jam; 09/26, Global Citizen Festival, New York 26. Calexico; 06/08, Bowery Ballroom, New York 25. My Morning Jacket; 06/05, Governors Ball Music Festival, New York 24. Woods; 06/16, Rough Trade, Brooklyn 23. Florence and The Machine; 04/12, Coachella Music and Arts Festival, California 22. Beyoncé; 09/26, Global Citizen Festival, New York 21. Sharon Van Etten; 02/18, Warsaw, Brooklyn
20. Built to Spill; 06/13, Northside Festival, Brooklyn 19. Sinkane; 08/06, East River Park, New York 18. Kiasmos; 05/27, Bowery Ballroom, New York 17. Viet Cong; 06/13, Northside Festival, Brooklyn 16. Courtney Barnett; 05/19, Bowery Ballroom, New York 15. Mew; 10/10, Webster Hall, New York 14. Todd Terje and The Olsens; 04/10, Coachella Music and Arts Festival, California 13. Fuzz; 11/15, Bowery Ballroom, New York 12. Owen Pallett; 01/29, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn 11. The Gaslamp Killer Experience; 04/11, Coachella, California
10. Dungen; 10/15, Baby’s All Right, Brooklyn 9. Swans; 04/11, Coachella, California 8. Tame Impala; 10/16, Radio City Music Hall, New York 7. Björk; 06/06, Governors Ball, New York 6. Destroyer; 10/04, Webster Hall, New York 5. Melody’s Echo Chamber; 08/25, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn 4. Deafheaven; 11/05, Webster Hall, New York 3. Miami Horror; 06/22 & 06/23, Rough Trade, New York 2. Beach House; 08/22 & 08/26, Pittsburgh & New Haven 1. Savages; 01/14 & 01/21, Mercury Lounge, New York
32. Roger Sellers; 06/25, Le Poisson Rouge, New York
If this is who I think it is (goes by Bayonne now) I'm pretty stoked to see him so high on this list.
Yes, it is him! I was really impressed when I saw him that year. Haven't had the chance to see him as Bayonne yet.
Nice! I saw him at this little art house thing a few years back (honestly like a little mini day for night), closest I've ever been to a performer it was pretty great. Then saw him again at this loft bar place that's downtown. I like to champion him when I can with the hope of having a "before they made it big" story lol.