Highlites of 2014 so far
*** WRESTLEMANIA NOLA!
1. Prince/Nile Rodgers/Janelle Monae-NOLA 7/4
2. The Mojo of Dr. John Tribute-NOLA 5/3
3. Nin/Soundgarden/Dillinger-ATL 8/8
4. Gov't Mule & Friends-NOLA 5/2
5. Celebrate Gregg Allman- ATL 1/10
6. Outkast- Hangout Festival
7. Neutral Milk Hotel/Elf Power- NOLA 2/20
8. Skinny Puppy- NOLA 2/3
9. of Montreal/Boogarins- Pensacola 5/5
10. Nick Cave- NOLA 7/21
I went to this in 8-8-08 and 9-9-09 when it was a weekend festival at Deerfields. Fun place, but things got a little out of hand in 999. I heard that was why there aren't really many festivals at Deerfields anymore, but maybe I'm wrong.
Everyone experiences music differently.To say that something is subjectively wrong with live music is to also say that you are more than just your credentials or experience. It says that you are above whatever it is that you see as being the standard. Breaking everything down critically to the point where you are above every matter looking down on it only isolates you and makes you look foolish.
9/18: Dr. John & the Nite Trippers
9/19: Tim & Eric w/ Dr. Steve Brule
10/4: Jane's Addiction
10/8: St. Vincent
10/11: King Diamond
10/24: of Montreal
10/27: Amon Amarth
10/31-11/2: Voodoo Fest
11/12: Thee Oh Sees
12/6: Skinny Puppy