Way too many great moments this year. Easily one of my favorite (maybe the best) Bonnaroo experiences to date. Of course I must agree with bunny on several points! Especially doin' it TO style from now on. And I think gettin' to Nashville early is a good idea too! So here's a few choice moments:
- Alice Cooper killin' it! "Feed My Frankenstein" was just too cool to see live and closin' with Lady Gaga was awesome.
- The Beach Boys and everyone dancin' and singin' together.
- Wednesday night shenanigans in POD 1 with various inforoosters!
- Camp Inforoo from start to finish. And brunch was great!
- We Are Augustines on the Sonic Stage!
- And gettin' to meet and hang out with so many of y'all over the weekend! So sorry if I may have forgotten actually meetin' you in person, or mix up your inforoo name and your real name!
During Skrillex (haters gonna hate) I had waited hours, I mean hours, to get into the pit, and made a ton of friends in the pit line. During the downtempo part in Cinema all the lights cut out except for a blueish hue, and a soft rainshower began. I kept turning around in circles seeing everyone so happy and the glowing lights everywhere, and I was so blissed out I started to cry because in that moment I couldn't remember what sadness felt like, I was made of pure joy and all of the struggles in my life were worth it just to survive to experience that moment alone
Post by dreamingtree on Jun 23, 2012 8:01:17 GMT -5
The brunch! I got to meet and actually hang out with people because I wasn't rushing to see a show. I think I stayed for 4 hours..... I had SO much fun and finally got to meet Denette and Bonnie!
Wearing a tutu all day and night Friday and getting so many compliments and huge smiles from people. And no I didn't wear it to get attention, I wore it because it made me happy, but apparently it made other people happy to
Radiohead! I realized that I knew all the songs and am a bigger fan than I thought. The show really blew my mind and I totally get it now that I've seen them live.
Dancing in the rain at Phish with new and old Inforoo friends I had to drag myself away because I HAD to drive home but really didn't want to leave.
Seeing Maynard at the front of the stage!!
Just seeing so many happy people, and walking across Centeroo and making eye contact with random people and just smiling at each other. That makes me so frigging happy ;D
This was my best 'Roo along with so many of you, for many of the same reasons: perfect weather and lifetime memories made seeing amazing music with incredible friends!
* Meeting up w/the Camp Inforoo VIP crew - more than 80 in all, our biggest group yet! - after volunteering to help organize it. Seeing the smiles on faces I hadn't seen since last 'Roo made it feel like a real family reunion!
* Camping beside the honeymooners, Daniroo & Tremendous Button, after having attended their wedding the weekend before.
* Walking around Thursday afternoon with Gibran & literally running into a dozen Inforoosters he hadn't met yet: Quacker, Fawnmart, billypilgrim, Phi, MikeD, Sarah, Abra & Dave, etc! We just kept randomly crossing paths with so many people!
* All the inside jokes at camp, including the Judgmental Horse Rabbit (which looks more like a llama) that Daniroo drew on our whiteboard. Your best avatar yet, Gibran!
* BRUNCH!!! Sharing the Double-Barreled Jet Pack 'o Booze with so many of y'all was great fun!
* Sitting on the Hill during Bon Iver under that breezy, grey sky while tears of joy streamed down my cheeks. I remember thinking, "Moments like this are what get me thru the bad days the rest of the year: this is what will carry me thru tax audits, root canals, traffic tickets and whatever else Life throws at me." Seeing a show of your favorite artist(s) at your favorite Happy Place when you're with your favorite person(s) is such indescribable joy!
* Having an equally moving experience during the Mogwai show, then seeing Karosko, NoD, Dreaming Tree, Zen, Airline and others there.
* Hearing a conversation take place during the RHCP show when two guys we didn't know asked Gibran, "Is that Holls?" Turns out, it was two Inforoosters who found us because Gibran was wearing his Inforoo hoodie. Small world! Yay for those awesome threads helping bring us all together!
* Scrog's sanctuary (soooo cool!) and watching the JellyPhish parade...great fun!
Best.Roo.Ever. Damn, I love you all & am so grateful to have been with so many of you for what is easily in the Top 5 best weekends of my ENTIRE LIFE!!!