Post by handgunhipster on Feb 7, 2009 19:03:42 GMT -5
Roles will be assigned before tomorrow morning.
Welcome to the whichever numbered game of Mafia that this may be!
In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population. Every night these Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Every day, the population gathers to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe. However, if the Mafia are able, through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority, they will rule Bonnaroo forever. Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out. Good luck.
Clarification of rules:
1) The referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each person is informed of their part via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with each other except in this thread, the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player.
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and the Ref declares that voting is closed. The ref will then post the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the following night.
4) During the night the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the ref via PM. Once the ref receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the ref and guess one person who is the Mafia. Goddess will respond with a 'yes' or 'no'.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia outnumber the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) It will not be revealed, until the end of the game, when a Mafia player or the Inspector have been eliminated.
8) Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have.
I actually enjoyed some of those comments from fishingmaniac. I don't like gunning for someone before the game begins and roles are assigned; I think starting out with a grudge screws with deliberations down the road. I'm also reluctant to be the only vote against someone in the first round, so I'm limiting my options to those who have already received votes.
With that being said, I vote for Druid...
...but not without some words for fishingmaniac: I was in the same boat as you, not being down with hippies and, by extension, Phish. College changed both for me. A hippie friend of mine offered to personally refund my ticket money if I didn't enjoy their show. He didn't have to - I had a blast and gladly went back for more.
Ehh, I am torn. Fishin' and Druid are both worthy candidates to be mafia...and this whole wanting each other dead thing could just be a ploy. All the same, I don't think anyone with -1 karma can be trusted. I vote for Fishin'.