Glad to hear that idea works for everyone. I'll go ahead and include them.
I will assign roles once I have a full roster to work with.
FYI - I may be unresponsive for the early part of tomorrow. My last final is in the morning and I'm pulling a late night at the library. Depending on how things go, I may wind up taking a late morning/early afternoon victory nap before we get things started.
If I get two more sign-ups before I inevitably crash (exam ends @ 9:45am) I'll get the ball rolling. If not, it'll have to wait until whenever I awaken. My gf will wake me when she returns from work (5-5:30pm) if naptime's still going on.
Sammy O (the artist formerly known as samus?) left me a PM before either dasclyde or cajun jumped in. Since dasclyde is technically in line first, it's up to him whether he wants to play or not. I sent him the game rules, and if he's interested he's in. If not, the spot's going to cajun_n_saudi.
Post by strumntheguitar on May 13, 2008 13:18:09 GMT -5
just to let everyone know, i apologize beforehand if i'm the reason of a slow start to the game. i'm gonna be gone until thursdayish, but i should have access to the internet from time to time thanks to a friend's crackberry, so i'll check in here for those days from time to time. And if the game gets started before i leave here in the next hour (which it sounds like it will?) then i can go ahead and get my vote in and maybe the first round will take the whole time i'm gone anyways :p
Welcome to the whichever numbered game of Mafia that this may be!
In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population. Every night these Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Every day, the population gathers to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe. However, if the Mafia are able, through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority, they will rule Bonnaroo forever. Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out. Good luck.
Clarification of rules:
1) The referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each person is informed of their part via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with each other except in this thread, the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player.
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and the Ref declares that voting is closed. The ref will then post the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the following night.
4) During the night the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the ref via PM. Once the ref receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the ref and guess one person who is the Mafia. Goddess will respond with a 'yes' or 'no'.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia outnumber the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) It will not be revealed, until the end of the game, when a Mafia player or the Inspector have been eliminated.
8) Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have.