1. Radiohead (played every song I wanted, and them new songs kicked ass!) 2. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (I was dancin like crazy, then f*ing GLORIA!!!) 3. Matt Costa! (What an amazing show! it was so up-paced and everyone was going nuts) 4. Phil & Friends (All along the Watchtower, Uncle Johns Band, Scarlett Begonias, Shakedown St.. the rain was so awesome. I was dancing my ass off in that rain) 5. Lyrics Born (F*ing off the hook, was like a hugh ass party in This Tent)
Honorable mentions Steel Pulse, Neville Brothers, Oysterhead, Beck, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Damian Marley, MMJ, Common, I-Nine, Elvis Costello, and Lewis Black was real funny
Post by tragicallyhip on Jun 28, 2006 14:04:54 GMT -5
1) Radiohead, obviously 2) Tom Petty w/ Stevie 3) Buddy Guy (the man is a showman) 4) Robert Randolph & Family Band 5) Bonnie Raitt (If Bonnie and Buddy Guy had a lovechild he would be the sickest performer of all time!)
Honours: Seu Jorge Electric Eel Shock (those guys are insane) Nickel Creek
Post by rastaradam on Jun 28, 2006 14:25:27 GMT -5
Radiohead - all I imagined it would be...and I have an active imagination. Steel Pulse - great set Mute Math - they had one of those moments when the crowd is quietly soaking in the music and then erupts in unision at the end of the song, awesome! Liquidrone and the New Orleans Bingo! Show - as a Tom Waits fan, I have discovered some new favorites, caught them every chance I could. Cat Empire - I dunno, maybe it was just the euphoria of starting the Roo, but these guys had me grinning and dancing all the way through.
- wasn't disappointed by anyone...except maybe dios(malos)
Post by bluevelvet on Jun 28, 2006 14:45:25 GMT -5
1. Phil & friends - soo many good memories from Grateful Dead shows ;D 2. Beck - I saw him about 10 years ago and it was amazing, and he still puts on a great show. My 14 year old daughter is the big Beck fan in the family and she just had a huge grin on her face the whole show. 3. Ben Folds - Wasn't expecting much but was blown away. 4. MMJ - Everything I had heard about their live show and more - amazing 5. moe. - Just awesome
Bela Fleck - Have seen many times in much smaller venues - (anyone heard of Wilmers Park in Maryland?) and they always are amazing. Radiohead - I heard them from the campsite and they sounded amazing - sorry I missed it now Blues Traveler - I missed them this time, but I have seen them about 30 times live and never seen a bad show - if ever you get a chance to see them you should.
I used a weighting system for the points, giving higher rankings more points than those in 4th or 5th, naturally.
1. Radiohead 289 2. Superjam/Trey, Mike & The Duo/ G.R.A.B. 106.25 3. My Morning Jacket 94 4. Tom Petty 77.7 5. Oysterhead 76 6. Beck 60.2 7. Phil Lesh & Friends 52.5 8. Umphrey's McGee 45.75 9. Buddy Guy 43.25 10. Disco Biscuits 33.25 11. Robert Randolph & The Family Band 33 12. moe. 31.5 13. Ben Folds 24 14. Bela Fleck & The Flecktones 23.5 15. Sasha 23.5 16. Dungen 19.25 17. The Streets 19.2 18. The Motet 18.5 19. Sonic Youth 18.5 20. Death Cab For Cutie 17.7
83 acts were mentioned amongst these lists. Radiohead appeared on 63% of the lists, 65% of those were at #1.
"Man and his deed are two distinct things...a good deed should call forth approbation a a wicked deed disapprobation, the doer of the deed, whether good or wicked, always deserves respect or pity as the case may be. 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' is a precept which, though easy enough to understand, is rarely practicsed (sic), and that is why the poison of hatred spreads in the world." -Ghandi
I am also someone who never saw phil before bonnaroo and was totally blown away. He really showed the jambands out there today how to play a complete song and put on a real show. I was totally floored, I thought Joan Osborne was great.