Post by wbennettjr on Sept 30, 2006 13:25:42 GMT -5
Drive By Truckers Robert Randolph & The Family Band Neil Young Springsteen and the whole effin E Street Band Prince (in front of 80,000 people would be insane) MMJ Grace Potter and her crew on a better stage playing a longer set Garrison Starr, whose last album was fabulous but who is somehow being just totally forgotten David Gilmoour, if you saw Live 8 you know he is still the bomb Allmans, Govt Mule, DTB in one massive jamfest on Sunday night til the sun comes up on Monday
Post by poopzilla33 on Sept 30, 2006 14:32:18 GMT -5
bonnie prince billy ryan adams damien rice (new cd in nov.!) fionna apple SEAN LENNON (new cd=fantastic) obviously bruce springsteen and the e street band (epic songwritting with lots of poetic imagry) m ward mars volta flaming lips great lake swimmers (a nice relaxing latenight thursday set)
Post by frankthemute on Oct 3, 2006 7:37:26 GMT -5
ive just done a quick count and I believe so far Mars Volta is in the lead with the dead and ryan adams not far behind. im too lazy to count all the artists and only did the ones i saw pop up a bunch. anyways, Bonnaroo festival organizers please see this and know you must have VOLTA at 07!!!!
1. Cursive/The Good Life 2. Magnolia Electric Co./Songs: Ohia 3. Damien Jurado 4. Wolf Parade 5. The Mars Volta 6. Iron and Wine 7. Architecture in Helsinki 8. Sun Kil Moon 9. Sufjan Stevens 10. Arcade Fire
Post by behindbrownneyes on Oct 15, 2006 8:13:09 GMT -5
I'm so excited to see so many people post Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. I didn't even think a lot of people knew who he was, or else they got him confused for BRYAN ADAMS. I saw him once last year, and would die to see him again, he puts on one hell of a show.
1. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals 2. Damien Rice 3. Mason Jennings 4. Sufjan Stevens 5. Ben Harper (AMAZING LIVE!) 6. Mars Volta 7. Red Hot Chilli Peppers (although I heard they put on a weak live show, I've still be wanting to see them forever live) 8. Foo Fighters 9. M. Ward 10. Damien Marley 11. Rachel Yamagata 12. Ani Difranco
Post by steveternal on Oct 22, 2006 15:44:42 GMT -5
TAP INTO AMERICA!! (wait, my previous post already had reference...)
I'm all about Bonnaroo really becoming a much more rounded fest, meaning that underrepresented genres get more attention. And the most embarrassingly underrepresented genre is jazz. How's about an all-jazz list?
1. SOMEONE from The Blue Series (Matthew Shipp, Groundtruther, David S. Ware, Spring Heel Jack, DJ Spooky) 2. Pat Metheny Group 3. Esbjörn Svensson Trio 4. Mingus Big Band 5. John Zorn-something! (Masada or Naked City reunion?) 6. Pink Martini 7. The Bad Plus 8. Anthony Braxton 9. Dave Douglas and Paul Motian 10. Chicago Underground Duo/Trio/Orchestra/whatever 11. Happy Apple 12. Poncho Sanchez 13. Stefon Harris & Blackout
1. james brown 2. Amorphous Androgynus or FSOL 3. String cheese incident 4. toubab krewe 5. Modest mouse 6. Buena Vista Social Club 7. Neutral milk hotel 8. Handsome boy modeling school 9. Sole w/ Jel 10. Iron & Wine
1. James brown 2. Amorphous Androgynus or FSOL 3. Iron & Wine 4. Sole W/ Jel 5. Neutral milk hotel 6. MMW with full horn section and john scofield 7. Toubab krewe 8. buena vista social scene 9. andrew bird 10. the string cheese incident
Post by poopzilla33 on Oct 23, 2006 14:05:27 GMT -5
right now i got 1. mars volta 2. ryan adams and the cardinals\ 3. bruce springsteen 4. m ward 5. flaming lips 6. sean lennon 7. donovan (he'd be so amazing in like oysterhead's spot last year or soemthing) 8. smoosh 9. say hi to your mom 10. sigur ros (latenight)