Post by Sgt. Blotter on Feb 4, 2013 7:32:44 GMT -5
Bosnian Rainbows at FFF7 was cool but was mainly Omar noodling around. It melted my face but it wasn't as purposeful as old school TMV. Have any of y'all seen The Memorials? Bosnian Rainbows is kinda the same thing.
Highlites of 2014 so far
*** WRESTLEMANIA NOLA!
1. Prince/Nile Rodgers/Janelle Monae-NOLA 7/4
2. The Mojo of Dr. John Tribute-NOLA 5/3
3. Nin/Soundgarden/Dillinger-ATL 8/8
4. Gov't Mule & Friends-NOLA 5/2
5. Celebrate Gregg Allman- ATL 1/10
6. Outkast- Hangout Festival
7. Neutral Milk Hotel/Elf Power- NOLA 2/20
8. Skinny Puppy- NOLA 2/3
9. of Montreal/Boogarins- Pensacola 5/5
10. Nick Cave- NOLA 7/21
This announcement has been coming for a while. It sucks, but the personalities of Omar and Cedric could have only coexisted for so long.
Old thread is old but I felt compelled by this statement. Omar and Cedric have (or had) been friends since at least high school. I can honestly say I saw the first show Omar ever played. They were called The Penetrators (no relation to the German band) and played at the local rec center. He was shit awful back then (1993) but the show was allot of fun! Unfortunately they never played again because they destroyed the drums during the last song and Ralph, who considered himself a guitarist by nature, never bought another kit. CSB.