Game Play In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population.
Every day, the population (all live players) gather to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe.
Every night the Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed.
Through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, the Mafia will try to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority and they will rule Bonnaroo forever.
Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out.
Rules 1) The Referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each player is informed of their role via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with one another except in the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM. To put it plainly: a) If you are not a member of the mafia, do not discuss the mafia game outside the mafia thread with any other player or with any non-player who might discuss the game with a player. b) If you are a member of the mafia, you may discuss the game freely among your fellow mafia only. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread with any non-mafia player.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player. The inspector may at any time reveal their identity to the players within the thread. (see game play warnings above).
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and the Ref declares that voting is closed. The Referee will then post the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the Night portion of the round.
4) During the Night, the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the Referee via PM. Once the Referee receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following Day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the Referee and guess one player's Mafia status. The Referee will respond with a 'yes' or 'no' answer.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia out number the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) Player roles will not be revealed until the game has concluded.
8) AKA The Bek Rule: Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have. This includes use of the Like/Dislike feature.
9) The ref will do the death stories/videos.
10) AKA The kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PMs inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between Mafia, outside the thread - EVER.
11) Voting will be open for 36 hours each round, or until everyone has cast their vote - whichever comes first. Voting will never follow the 36-hour rule on the weekends. The Referee will only ever close voting on a Saturday or Sunday if all players have already cast their vote. If a player has not voted by that time, their vote will not be counted. If a player misses two votes, they are out of the game regardless of how good your reason is. When it is decided that a player is out, they will be killed off during the day alongside whoever would have been killed by vote. a) If the Inspector has not made a guess within 36 hours during a Night round, the Inspector will forfeit that guess. b) If the Mafia have not reported a whack victim within 36 hours during a Night round, the Mafia will forfeit that whack and the Townspeople will receive another round of voting during that Night round to offset the missed whack.
12) The Referee shall neither answer an Inspector's inquiry nor execute a Mafia's chosen victim until after having received both the Inspector's inquiry and the Mafia's chosen victim. If the Inspector is the victim, the Inspector is not owed an answer from the Referee. The Referee shall only accept victim names from living Mafia players.
13) AKA The Bacon Rule: The bigger the whiner, the smaller the wiener.
Jan 16 Disclosure
Feb 7 Umphrey's McGee
Mar 15 Dropkick Murphys
May 16 Mastodon / Gojira / Kvelertak
May 31 Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
Jun 21 John Butler Trio
Jul 11 DMB
Jul 25-27 Newport Folk
Aug 19 Arcade Fire
Oct 25 Fleetwood Mac
Daaayyyyyummmmm!! Ntell, inspector post in round 1??? Or are you just playin?
1) I feel dumb at the moment for not picking up on the meaning of having inspector gadget in the post. 2) Ntell is the inspector and is being risky early or he is mafia and is trying to put heat on a certain person or he is a townie just screwing around. Only time will tell which one.
Yep, basically the Inspector wants to stay under the radar for a few nights so they can make some guesses as to who the other two Mafia members are in the game. Its not wise to come out and announce being the Inspector in Day 1, if you really are the Inspector.
Now Ntell could have just been messing around, or he could also be Mafia trying to throw off the other townies. Or he could actually be the Inspector. Just like the QotSA song.......no one knows.
FlazO most start the round with what are called "voting partners", some people always vote for the same person at the beginning of the round. since there is an odd # of townies the last person to vote has to vote for someone who already has a vote and then that person has 2 votes, someone will then change their vote and give someone else another vote, thus creating a "runoff", because now we have two people with two votes. Maybe a 3rd or 4th person will change their vote making a 3 or 4 person runoff. Most say a 4 person runoff is too many. Does that make sense? So, I like you mixing it up, but you voted for me. I am threatened by that and must retaliate and vote for you. Personally I have been known to call anybody, who votes against me or even hints a vote for me, as Mafia.