Post by plasticpepper on Feb 9, 2011 19:59:18 GMT -5
You think it would be a ripoff because Big Boi already leaked that he's playing?
I can understand the feeling, but I'll say that it wouldn't be the first time we got a clue for an artist who had already leaked. Plus we don't know how long ago they wrote these clues, it's possible they had them planned before various leaks happened.
A "March" is 5 tricks in the card game Euchre, so to stop short would be four tricks...
I like this...not sure about the rest of your guess, but I really think we need something along these lines for the first half of the clue. Stopping short of a march has got to lead us to something specific, I think.
Stopping short of a march COULD be a walk or some other alternative to that kind of marching, but I feel like it's probably something else.
Stopping short of a march could mean February as some people mentioned, but we don't know where to go with that.
Stopping short of a march could be 4 tricks in euchre like nzeroo said...
Stopping short of a march could be "marc" I suppose.
Not sure what else it could be but I feel like figuring that part out is going to be very crucial.
I'm on the same page. March could also be to border, adjoin, edge, something along those lines. I think "it's a heavier endeavor" will help us narrow down what the "march" is, if that makes sense?
Edit: I like the 4 tricks in euchre idea. I don't know much about euchre, but if pulling a march will get you the win, you might want to stop short if you're playing w/ a ruffian.
Post by billypilgrim on Feb 9, 2011 22:42:53 GMT -5
Ruffian is a reference to New Orleans trumpet virtuoso Kermit Ruffin. The "march" refers to New Orleans standard "When the Saints Go Marching In." Heavier Endeavor means that he's playing with his band the Barbeque Swingers and that he'll be cooking barbeque for us, definitely ribs and chicken, possibly brisket and links, too.
People It's The Cure! There is a fund raiser march for the cure which is actually a walk - The Cure has a song called The Walk - also they released a song called Heavy World that didn't make it to their last record and it has a huge youtube following - What do ya think?
Post by garychardonnay on Feb 18, 2011 16:15:41 GMT -5
Hello Rooclue lovers, loathers and dedicated sleuthers,
Though we've never done this in the past, I've decided to release to you - our loving and adoring fans - the Rooclues and answers. I'll only be giving the riddle and the answer - not an explanations of my complex and intricate process of creation. I'm sure you can understand why - or maybe not, I'm really smart.
So without further ado, The Rooclues:
1. A trip to space thwarted by a speckled lad's demise. A watershed moment otherwise. A. Opeth
2. Cecilia's dress code: Sheer A. Scissor Sisters
3. Still up. A month now, maybe two. Don't call the priest, just find my guru. A. Kylesa
4. A veteran and magistrate, or a character of sorts. A throne one cannot abdicate, of which a crab can make a fort. A. Wavves
5. Red, White and Blue are all a part of this young palette. A farm heathen disguised among giants, the only Ten I see. A. Karen Elson
6. From one BoRe to another, a war rages amongst champions. We're calling for divine intervention. A. Deer Tick
7. Sun shines on these former nannies; a persistence of sound persists. A. The Drums
8. A maudlin pioneer living on the fringe; not one to plateau. A. Wanda Jackson
9. Stop short of a march with this ruffian. It's a heavier endeavor. A. Beirut
10. A cardinal combines fire and ice with friends in high places. A. J Cole
11. The libra denotes these "brothers." Look forward to a new snack. A. Chiddy Bang
LOL, damn dude I look like a horse's patoot. I haven't been on this board in a couple years because I didn't go to Roo in '10 or '11. Didn't even look at the dates of these threads, I was having fun trying to guess, haha.