Post by steveternal on Jan 20, 2008 18:39:04 GMT -5
Welcome to the third game of Mafia!
In the small, friendly music community of Bonnaroo, a crafty Mafia have infiltrated the population. Every night these Mafiosi decide amongst themselves who to ruthlessly assassinate. At the beginning of each morning, people learn that one of their own has been killed. Every day, the population gathers to discuss whom they think is a member of the Mafia. There is a vote, and the one with the majority is executed. The Townspeople must do this in order to clean Bonnaroo of the Mafia and restore its peaceful vibe. However, if the Mafia are able, through disrupting the votes and performing their assassinations, to eliminate Townspeople to the point that they are in the majority, they will rule Bonnaroo forever. Thus, the Townspeople's great hope is the Inspector. This is a secret figure, known only to him or herself, that has inside information on the identity of the Mafiosi. S/he can covertly use this information to influence the votes towards the Mafiosi. But s/he better watch his/her step, because if the Mafia gets wind it will be lights out. Good luck.
Clarification of rules:
1) God (the referee) randomly chooses from the players of 11 three Mafiosi and one Inspector. All the rest are Townspeople. Each person is informed of their part via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with each other except in this thread, the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves via PM.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player.
3) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the last vote is in and God declares that voting is closed. God will then post the final tally, and announce which player is eliminated and how they died. Then will begin the following night.
4) During the night the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform God via PM. Once God receives this info, it is posted here in the thread, the player is eliminated, and the following day begins.
5) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM God and guess one person who is the Mafia. God will respond with a 'yes' or 'no'.
6) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia outnumber the Townspeople (Mafia win).
7) It will not be revealed, until the end of the game, when a Mafia player or the Inspector have been eliminated.
8) Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but are asked to not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have.
Post by chicojuarz on Jan 21, 2008 16:23:37 GMT -5
Ok, let me explain why you should trust the blinky but not vote for me. this also explains why i didnt retaliate and vote for the blinky.
the most important factor is that its the first round. Based on the fact that we have no evidence of anything yet I have to assume and believe that aly did in fact make a random vote. This makes her an innocent. If I go and vote back at her I'm only making a self-sabatoging act. This is some evidence of my innocence.
And I reiterate...the boomstick is only used for impressing the ladies and scarin' the zombies hordes.
alyroo voted for chicojuarz chicojuarz voted for bamabelle bamabelle voted for chicojuarz cajuninsaudi voted for bamabelle strumntheguitar voted for cupcake wooz changed his vote from chicojuarz to bamadancer cupcake voted for bamabelle
Yes....being defensive cause I'm about to get kilt off For doing nothin'! CHICO is the one pushing so hard...but maybe I'm the only one noticing? I think I know at least two of the mafiosos now...but maybe I'm the only one that it's obvious to?? And I'm fixing to go sleep with the fishes....oh well.... que serra.... I'll have fun watcha the rest of you figure it out
Post by strumntheguitar on Jan 21, 2008 18:35:00 GMT -5
Hmm... guess nobody followed my sweet-tooth theory... So perhaps I'll change my vote (although if I find any icing at the murder scenes, you're toast )
Based on the conversation thus far.... I feel like chico might be in the know of something, however being in the know doesn't necessarily mean he's evil. Perhaps I gotta agree with his logic and vote for bamabelle... I mean, she does listen to Rage Against the Machine!! Anyone who listens to that kind of music is pure evilz
Post by steveternal on Jan 21, 2008 21:09:55 GMT -5
chicojuarz: 4 votes bamabelle: 5 votes
alyroo voted for chicojuarz chicojuarz voted for bamabelle bamabelle voted for chicojuarz cajuninsaudi voted for bamabelle strumntheguitar changed his vote from cupcake to bamabelle wooz changed his vote from chicojuarz to bamadancer to bamabelle cupcake voted for bamabelle ajalfon voted for chicojuarz JustMeg voted for chicojuarz